The area of the body, which is commonly referred to as the core, is your midsection and it involves all your muscles in that area including the front, back and sides. The core includes the traverse abdominis, erector spinae, obliques and your lower lats.
These muscles work as stabilizers for the entire body. Core training is simply doing specific exercises to develop and strengthen these stabilizer muscles.
If any of these core muscles are weakened, it could result in lower back pain. Keeping these core muscles strong can do wonders for your posture and help give you more strength in other exercises.
It is important to keep the core strong and flexible, Corefit aims to do the below:
- Produce toned abdominal muscles
- Improve power, strength and stabilisation
- Create a solid base for your body
- Improve respiratory function
- Improve spinal and postural control